Friday, September 2, 2011

McCue Leads

this information was posted by “Peter McCue” on a Curran message board on Ancestry several years ago; his e-mail no longer works. Some of the information matches what I know about my McCue ancestors. I am eager to go to the Dufferin County Museum and Archives north of Toronto.

* * *

I am looking for any information regarding Patrick McCue (b.1796 Castlebar, Co.Mayo, Ire.) who was married to a Bridget Dean (b.1805 in County Mayo).Patrick died on Oct.5,1869 in Melancthon, Ontario.

His son, James McCue(b. May 1,1844 in Castlebar) is my great grandfather. He married a Margaret Purtell on Jan.25,1869. James died in Melancthon, Ontario on March 8, 1928. I know that Patrick and Bridget had other children who all came to Ontario with their families. Some went to the US and some stayed in that area of Ontario. Any help would be appreciated.

Our family of McCue came from County Mayo ( Westport and Castlebar area) They came to an area near London, Ontario in Canada. They were a Catholic family. There is some speculation in the family that the name was spelled McHugh when they came to Canada but the land deed was spelled 'McCue". My great grandfather arrived in Canada at an elderly age with all his grown children and their respective families. I had a prof who spelled his name"McCue" and his background was Protestant.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Twig. I am also a cousin of James McCue. I live in Ontario and can help you with family trees, pictures, etc. I am new at blogging...signed up so I could respond to your blog...so I hope I can keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also a relative of the McCue family of Melancthon.
    Since I am new to blogging I sure hope you get this Comment because, if you would like some information and photos of James McCue I can help you out, Twig.

    ReplyDelete